Nowadays, it’s very tempting to just go online and find the first electrical company you find that’s nearest to your home or your place of business. But is that really the ideal way of finding the electrician you need? No, of course it’s not.
So here are some tips to help you find the best electrical companies in Perth:
- Ask around your friends and family about the best electrical companies that they’ve enlisted to help them. This remains the classic way of finding the best options for you, since you get a firsthand account of what they’ve went through regarding the quality of the service.
- Of course you may not get the recommendation you need, or you may want to add to your options. If that’s the case, then you need to go online. Just about every reputable business has a website that you can find through search engines like Google. In this day and age, any service-oriented business without a website raises too many questions.
- Check out the websites and see the content. Make sure that they indicate that they can actually deal with the kind of problem you have. They should also have a business address and a phone number you can call for questions.
- Google their website and see if any negative reviews or complaints come up in the search results. If there are too many of these, then that’s a definite red flag you need to be wary of.
- Call several of these websites and then describe the problem to them. Each one should be able to give you a quote on how much they will charge for the service they will provide. Make it clear that the quote they give you is the same amount they will charge after the work is done. See if the price they quite is for the job or an hourly rate, and ask of the cost of the materials is included in the quote.
- Check if they offer a guarantee for their work. Some unscrupulous operators may do some jobs inadequately to increase their fees. The more reputable ones offer a guarantee for their work for a certain time period.
- Confirm that the electrician is licensed to work in your area. Check what kind of licenses is required in your area.
- Check that the electrician is also properly accredited. What you don’t want is someone who just claims to be able to do the job. What you need is an electrician who has proved that they’re able to do the work.
- See if they can provide references. Every reputable electrical company should be able to furnish you a list of satisfied customers you can call. While it’s certainly possible that a new company can do the job, you want someone who is already experienced and references can prove that.
- Check that the workers are all insured properly. You may want them to bring proof of insurance before they work so that you can confirm it with their insurance company.
Substandard work on your residential or workplace electrical system isn’t just annoying. It’s dangerous. You owe it to yourself and to the other people in your place that you get the best electrical service you can find.